Boca Raton Football Club is excited to begin its process to return to the field for competition and we are taking every precaution to make sure players, and staff stay safe and maintain social distancing during the whole process.
This carefully managed protocol for returning to play comes with stringent new health, safety, and hygiene procedures in place. So, as we enjoy soccer again, everyone will need to follow CDC guidelines and the recommendations of health officials, and new Boca Raton FC’s policies. Note that any public location where people are present provides an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed.
Boca Raton FC players and staff will not be allowed on the field if:
- They are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms: mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough, and difficulty breathing.
- They have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- They are vulnerable individuals: An individual with serious underlying health conditions, including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma, and those whose immune system is compromised such as chemotherapy for cancer and other conditions requiring such therapy.
- Players and staff are required to wear a face-covering during games unless they are playing on the field, although they are welcome to if they want.
- Players will be required to wear a mask when sitting on the team bench.
- Boca Raton FC staff will not only be using face-covering but will also wear face-shields for extra protection to our players.
- Face masks are required to be worn in a vehicle when traveling to and from a match alongside non-household members.
Temperature checks will be required upon arrival on the field. Both Boca Raton FC and visiting team players or staff members with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will not be allowed to play, sit on the bench, or be a spectator and will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
Boca Raton FC will have hand sanitizers at the entrance of the field for players and staff to use prior to entering the field. Hand sanitizers will also be made available at the 4th official table for players coming into the game as it will be required for entry on the pitch.
The use of team locker rooms will not be allowed. Players must arrive to the field in their uniforms, ready to compete.
Boca Raton FC players will be sprayed down with (Forgot name of the product) which is a liquid disinfecting spray to remove germs from the player as they play. Prior to leaving the field and coming to the bench, players will once again be sprayed down.
Both Boca Raton FC and visiting team benches will have designated open seats to practice Social Distancing with 6-feet distance.
All Boca Raton FC staff and players will be tested for the COVID19 antibody, testing can be done at Direct Primary Care. To schedule your appointment, please call (561) 530-2622.
What other safety measures are in place?
We continue to work closely with local health officials and our own health and safety experts and reference CDC guidelines with respect to the safety of our players and staff members are we slowly resume operations
- Limiting capacity and following social distancing guidelines throughout all games. Meaning games will be closed to fans for the time being unless noted otherwise.
- Boca Raton FC will Increase our already-aggressive 9 cleaning and disinfection procedures for soccer equipment, and anything else players or staff will be exposed to.
- As mentioned above, all staff members and players will undergo temperature checks and wear face coverings
- All staff members will participate in extensive training on our new procedures
- Team handshakes have been eliminated both during pregame and postgame
- Players and coaches living at home with an elderly relative (56+ yrs) or a vulnerable individual as described earlier are recommended not to participate at this time.
- Each player will have their own beverage bottle as Boca Raton FC has eliminated shared beverage stations.
- Extracurricular or social activity will no longer take place after the match. Players are to leave the facility immediately.
- Participation in this will be voluntary and will require the signing of a new updated Waiver by the athlete.
For additional information on COVID-19, please visit www.cdc.gov.
For additional information on Boca Raton FC’s procedures, please watch this short video: