Boca Raton Football Club fully supports the decision of the National Premier Soccer League, United Premier Soccer League, and the United States Adult Soccer Association to suspend all soccer activities until at least March 31 due to COVID-19. At that time, we will reevaluate with both USASA, NPSL, UPSL, and the United States Soccer Federation to determine the next steps.
The suspension includes all affiliated league and tournament play and team practices, open tryouts, and in-person gatherings.
The safety of players and staff is of the utmost importance to the Club and remains the top priority at this time. During this public health crisis, the Club remains in contact with all necessary officials for guidance and updates.
“Our top priority as a Club is the health and safety of everyone. We are clearly dealing with an unprecedented health crisis and remain committed to keeping everyone within our Club and community safe,” Boca Raton FC president Douglas Heizer said. “We will continue to work with local, and state health officials in monitoring the situation.”
Boca Raton FC is committed to the health and well-being of its players, coaches, staff, and families. We’ll continue to actively monitor the situation and, as always, we encourage players and families to practice repeated and proper CDC hygiene procedures on and off the field, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Don’t shake hands during or after a game.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if your hands are visibly dirty.
Leave a Reply