Boca Raton Football Club staff met to review and discuss announcements and recommendations from national governing bodies, state soccer associations, league positions and health authorities to discuss the current coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic that is spreading across the state of Florida.
Based on the recent actions taken by the US Youth Soccer (USYS), Boca Raton FC will suspend all Youth Academy IDP practices effective immediately until at least the first week of April. At that time, we will reevaluate with both USYS, and the United States Soccer Federation to determine the next steps.
However long the suspension is, parents will receive those weeks added on once we return to practice, thus not losing any weeks of practice due to the coronavirus.
Please monitor the CDC web page, which has important information about how coronavirus spreads, its symptoms, FAQs, global locations with COVID-19, travel advisories and more.
Preventive actions should be followed, such as:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a healthcare facility).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Leave a Reply